What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small amount of text that is stored in the browser (such as Google Chrome or Apple Safari) when you browse most websites.
What is a NOT cookie?
It is not a virus, a Trojan, a worm, spam and it does not open pop-up windows.
What kind of information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards o banking data, photographs or personal information, etc. They keep statistic data, personal preferences, content personalization, data of technical nature, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person, only your web browser. In fact, if you normally navigate with Google Chrome browser and try to navigate the same website with Firefox, you will notice that the website does not realize you are the same person as the information collected is associated to the browser and not to the person.
What types of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies:They are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated app is browsing and when an anonymous user or a registered user is browsing, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Analysis cookies:They collect information about the type of navigation, the most used sections, viewed products, hours in which it is used, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies:They show advertising based on your browsing, country, language, etc.
What are own and third party cookies?
Own cookies are those created by the website you are visiting, and third party cookies are those created by external services or providers such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
What cookies does this website use?
This website uses own and third party cookies. En este sitio web se utilizan las siguientes cookies que se detallan a continuación:
- Own cookies:
- Personalization: Cookies help us to remember the interaction with what people and websites you have interacted to show you related content.
- Preferences: Cookies allow us to remember your configurations and preferences, such us your preferred language and your privacy settings.
- Third-party cookies:
- This websites uses analysis services, in particular Google Analytics, to help the website analyze the behaviour of the users of the site and improve their experience, but in no case it is associated with data that could identify the user. Google Analytics is a website analysis service provided by Google Inc. The user can check here the type of cookies used by Google.
- Facebook Cookies.
- Twitter Cookies.
- Linked In Cookies.
- Youtube Cookies.
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes, and not only can be deleted but also blocked in general or in particular for a specific domain.
To delete the cookies o a website you have to go to the browser’s settings, search for the ones associated to the domain in question and proceed to their removal.
More information about cookies
You can consult the cookies regulation published by the European Commission at http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm to obtain more information about cookies on the Internet.
If you want to have more control over the installation of cookies, you can install programmes of add-ons to your browser known as “Do Not Track” tools, which will allow you to choose those cookies you want to allow.